Today’s post is a continuation of last Thursday’s post, The Fear of Trying New Things. As you can see, I put together a list of 23 quotes about trying new things!
This subject has been on my mind nonstop these past several weeks. It is intriguing and thought-provoking.
I keep finding myself thinking, “These are the things I want to go do…so why am I not doing them?? What is stopping me??”
Fear, obviously…but, now that I’ve got a handle on my anxiety, I feel like a new woman! I just want to go and do things! I’m trying to be as present as possible and make the most of the moment I’m in. I don’t know how to explain it, you guys. I’m just feelin’ it!
I want to be gung ho about trying new things!
I hope these quotes about trying new things will encourage you to get up and get going!
1. “Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for your life to begin and start making the most of the moment you are in.” ―Germany Kent
2. “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky
3. “Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” —George Edward Woodberry
4. “I realized something on the ride. I realized if I wait until I’m not scared to try new things, then I’ll never get to try them at all.” —Marie Sexton
5. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” —Vincent van Gogh
6. “You can never know what you are fully made of until you start to do the things that fear you the most.” ―
7. “Go wide, explore and learn new things. Something will surely have a kick for you.” ―Mustafa Saifuddin
8. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try.” —Nikki Giovanni
10. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
11. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb
12. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” —Andre Gide
13. “Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.” —Cicely Tyson
14. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” —Walt Disney
15. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” —Dale Carnegie
16. “If you are unwilling to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” —Jim Rohn
17. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “When life gives you something that makes you feel afraid that’s when life gives you a chance to be brave.” —Lupytha Hermin
19. “You can be scared, and really ready.” —Danielle Laporte
20. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” —Michelle Obama
21. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” —Neil Gaiman
22. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” —Louis E. Boone
23. “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” —Barbara Sher
WANT TO KNOW ALL THE SECRETS AND BE IN THE KNOW BEFORE EVERYBODY ELSE? Sign up for my weekly newsletter here.
- Why I’m Choosing to Do It Afraid
- My Trip to Fort Worth + MY FIRST VLOG
- The Fear of Trying New Things