I just finished reading The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon. It’s so good! And, it’s a super easy read! This is actually the second time I’ve read it (the first time was back in high school). I came across it at Goodwill the other day (for $1.00!!!!!) and decided to reread it. It’s about positive energy…something I’ve had a difficult time mustering up lately.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission.
I HIGHLY recommend you follow Jon Gordon on social media. I retweet his tweets nearly every day. He is all about success, being positive, and overcoming obstacles. I make it a point to look at his tweets first thing in the morning because I know they will help me focus on the day and remind me of my goals and what’s most important. He is encouraging and inspiring, yet HONEST…and I sincerely appreciate that about him. So, if you’re someone who is determined and persistent and a dreamer, check him out. I promise you won’t regret it!
Anyway, here are my favorite quotes about positive energy from The Energy Bus. I hope you like them!
42 Quotes About Positive Energy
1. After all, the goal in life is to live young, have fun, and arrive at your final destination—as late as possible—with a smile on your face, because this would mean that you truly enjoyed the ride.
2. Every person, every career, every company, every organization, every family, and every team will have to overcome negativity, adversity, and challenges to define themselves and create success. No one goes through life untested, and the answer to these tests is positive energy.
3. Positive energy [is the] optimism, trust, enthusiasm, love, purpose, joy, passion, and spirit to live, work, and perform at a higher level; to build and lead successful teams; overcome adversity in life and at work; share contagious energy with employees, colleagues, and customers; to bring out the best in others and in yourself; and to overcome all the negative people (whom I call energy vampires) and negative situations that threaten to sabotage your health, family, team, and success.
4. Everything happens for a reason. Don’t forget that. Every person we meet, every event in our life, [and] every flat tire happens for a reason. You can choose to ignore it or ask what that reason is and try to learn from it.
5. If you don’t take responsibility for your life and control of your bus then you can’t take it where you want to go. If you’re not the driver, then you’ll always be at the whim of everyone else’s travel plans.
6. You can take the wheel and choose to create your life, one thought, one belief, one action, one choice at a time. It’s your bus and you’re the driver and you choose where you are going and the kind of ride it’s going to be.
7. A smile changes the way you feel, the way you think, and how you interact with others. The energy you fuel the ride of your life with is entirely up to you. And as the driver, you are the one who must also choose your vision of where you want to go. You have the best seat and the best view of your life so it’s up to you. You gotta have vision.
8. You see, life is simple. But in all our stuff we make it complicated and become blinded to the simple truths. But it’s the simplest lessons in life that are often the most profound and meaningful.
9. Don’t let the world create you. You create your world.
10. What turned it all around was your desire and vision to change and the focus to make it happen. Unfortunately, it takes a crisis for so many of us to change…I wish more people wouldn’t wait for everything to fall apart before they start thinking about their life and what they want. They don’t have to wait, you know. But sometimes that’s what it takes. Sometimes we have to see what we don’t want, to know what we do want.
11. This is your crisis but it’s also your opportunity. Every crisis offers an opportunity to grow stronger and wiser; to reach deep within and discover a better you that will create a better outcome. So while this is your crisis, what matters most is what you do with it.
12. The law of attraction…says that the more we focus on something, the more we think about something, the more it shows up in our lives.
13. Because thoughts are magnetic. What we think about, we attract. What we think about expands and grows [and] what we put our energy and attention on starts to show up more in our life. And the energy we project through our thoughts is the energy we receive.
14. When you complain you get more things to complain about…if you are complaining you can’t be thinking about or creating what you do want. Plus, your complaining also ruins everyone else’s ride.
15. We live in an Energy Field of Dreams! If you build it in your mind, focus on seeing it, and take action, the success will come.
16. It’s not so easy to think about what you want and be positive when you don’t have a lot of things to be positive about and you keep getting what you don’t want…if you want to change your situation, you must first change your thoughts. Because if you keep on thinking what you have been thinking then you’ll keep on getting what you have been getting.
17. You let [the negativity you have] go. You release it [and] you throw it out [and] you transform it. When work is driving you crazy, think about the fact that you are healthy enough to work. When the restaurant messes up your meal, think about how many unfed mouths there are in the world. And as I told my father a number of years ago when he lost the love of his life—my mother, “You had the kind of love for so many years that many people spend a lifetime searching for and never find. Let’s be thankful for that.”
18. Where there is a negative there is always a positive. Where there is a dark cloud, there is always a sun shining behind it.
19. Where there is a void, negativity will fill it so we must keep fueling up with positive energy so the negative energy doesn’t have room to expand. We must fuel up daily with positive thoughts, cultivate positive feelings, and take positive actions. Positive energy is all of these things. Without it your ride will stall.
20. You can’t share the positive energy if you don’t have it yourself. Once you get your bus rolling then you’ll be ready to ask your team to get on. One mile at a time, my man. One positive thought, feeling, and action at a time.
21. Cultivate the positive energy you need to succeed.
22. Being grateful floods the body and brain with positive endorphins and emotions and combined with walking is a powerful energy booster.
23. People often go to bed thinking about all the things that went wrong when instead they should apply the one great golf shot theory to their life and think about the one great thing that happened that day. The one great call, meeting, or sale; [that] one great conversation or interaction; the one great success that will inspire them to look forward to creating more success tomorrow…this will inspire people to get addicted to life.
24. Some people are going to get on your bus and some people won’t. Don’t worry about the people who don’t get on your bus. Don’t waste your energy on them [and] don’t try to make them get on. You can’t drive anyone else’s bus. You can only drive your bus…don’t take it personal. Maybe they are meant to get on another bus. Maybe if they got on your bus they would ruin your ride.
25. It’s not easy to deal with the negativity in the world but it’s something that’s got to be done. Your success and life are so important that you must surround yourself with a positive support team. No one creates success in a vacuum and the people we surround ourselves with have a big influence on the life and success we create. If you want to be successful, you have to be very careful about who is on your bus.
26. Your positive energy and vision must be greater than anyone’s and everyone’s negativity. Your certainty must be greater than everyone’s doubt…there will always be people who don’t share your vision. There will always be the doubters who doubt, doubt, doubt and tell you you can’t do this and you won’t be able to accomplish that. They think that dreams were meant for others but not for people like you and them. And there will even be people who don’t want you to success because it makes them see their own weaknesses and failures. Rather than driving their own bus they are trying to ruin everyone else’s ride.
27. The more you do it the more natural it becomes. So grow it and build it so you have the power to overcome the negativity.
28. The gifts you bring to the world are not found in your resume, accomplishments, or presents to others. The gift is your presence of feeling good and being happy and bringing this to others. Being around happy and positive people makes people feel happy and positive.
29. Better to focus on feeling good and letting this feeling and happiness shine on others.
30. God keeps breaking your heart until it opens…every struggle, every challenge, every adversity brings you closer to your heart, to your true self, to who you really are. Sometimes you got to be broken down to the point where you feel powerless to discover your ultimate and true power.
31. That’s how positive energy works. A life touches a life that touches a life.
32. They tap the power of their heart by getting excited about being alive, by filling up with loads of positive energy, and by being optimistic about life and work. They don’t let fear stop them. No, they charge forward with positive and powerful energy and look at challenges like the one you are facing on Friday as an opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed.
33. When you live and work with enthusiasm, people are drawn to you like moths to a light.
34. You don’t have to force it or push it. You just live it [and] you let your presence do the convincing.
35. When you love someone you want the best for them. You want them to shine. And the best way to do this is to help them discover the value inside them.
36. Purpose is the ultimate fuel for our journey through life…purpose keeps it fresh.
37. Sure, driving a bus gets old; every job does. But knowing I’ve saved lives and wondering whose life I’m going to touch today, now that keeps me going and the energy flowing. That’s why my passengers stay on my bus, because I’m driving with purpose. When you fuel up with purpose you find the excitement in the mundane, the passion in the everyday, and the extraordinary in the ordinary. Purpose is what life is all about. Everyone’s out there trying to find their purpose when all you have to do is find the bigger purpose in the here and now and your purpose will find you. There’s no spirit in companies anymore because there’s no spirit in the people who work for these companies.
38. Don’t go through life with regrets. Don’t be someone who looks back and says I should have done this or that. Live and work like you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Act like a kid on Christmas morning that is always optimistic and excited about the gifts you are receiving. Don’t be too stressed to feel blessed. Don’t compare the success of your bus to other busses. Just enjoy your ride.
39. The best legacy you could leave is not some building that is named after you or a piece of jewelry but rather a world that has been impacted and touched by your presence, your joy, and your positive actions.
40. Life is a test. Every adversity helps us grow. Negative events and people teach us what we don’t want so we can focus our energy on what we do want.
41. Focus on the path. Keep your head up and your heart full of joy.
42. Courageously [plow] through the darkness to find [your] light.
Developing a habit of maintaining positive energy won’t happen overnight.
It will take a decision on your part (and mine!!!) to deliberately choose to look at the bright side of our current predicament rather than dwelling on the negative.
Whether you’re struggling with negativity in life, at work, or at school, I hope these quotes will encourage you to be more positive. I’ll be working on it, too!
The Energy Bus is a short, easy read and 100% worth it. It’s for anyone who is serious about wanting to succeed in life and find ways to make a difference in the lives of those around them, right where they are.