I just wanted to share some quotes about kindness because I think it’s something we take for granted.
Don’t ever underestimate kindness.
We have the power to greatly alter a person’s life. Forever. We can change a person’s life for the better by being kind, or we can change it for the worse by being unkind. The choice is ours to make.
One thing I know for sure is…we will never regret being kind.
I’ve been on both ends of it.
I’ve said things I wish I could take back and I’ve listened to others say things to me I wish they would take back.
It wasn’t until I was on the receiving end that I understood how detrimental a person’s unkind actions can be.
I don’t want to be the reason someone feels unworthy or unloved or unwelcome. I’m not okay with someone spending the rest of their life doubting their personality because I took a cheap shot. In no way whatsoever do I want my unkind words or actions to be all a person remembers about me.
We have the opportunity to show others kindness every single moment of our lives. No matter where we go, no matter who we’re with, we can love people by showing them kindness.
It’s never okay to be cruel. No matter how we feel, no matter what the other person did to us, responding with hatred and hostility is never okay.
We’ve got to do better, folks.
I hope these 18 quotes about kindness will make us think twice before acting.
18 Quotes About Kindness
1. “If someone were to pay you ten cents for every kind word you said about people and collect five cents for every unkind word, would you be rich or poor?” —Author Unknown
2. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” —Seneca
3. “If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?” ―Auliq Ice
4. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.” ―Wendy Mass
5. “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.” ―Thumper
6. “Be kind. Even on your bad days.” ―Author Unknown
7. “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” ―Mark Twain
8. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ―Roy T. Bennett
9. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” ―George Sand
10. “Be a little kinder than you have to.” ―E. Lockhart
11. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ―Tenzin Gyatso
12. “Don’t be yourself—be someone a little nicer.” ―Mignon McLaughlin
13. “By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.” ―Winston Churchill
14. “Every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.” ―Maya Angelou
15. “Nothing in life means anything unless someone cares, and the whole trick is to keep being that someone.” ―Robert Brault
16. “A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.” ―Dave Barry
17. “Even when you do not feel big hearted, you can give yourself permission to act that way.” ―Lama Willa Miller
18. “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” ―James M. Barrie
People need to experience our kindness more than we will ever know, and it is my prayer these quotes about kindness encourage us to do better.
True, genuine kindness cannot be misunderstood.