If you read last week’s post, you know I failed to reach my traffic goal SIX (6) MONTHS IN A ROW. When I finally reached it (S/O TO THE GOOD LORD ABOVE), I was FIRED UP because overcoming failure is no easy task…failure in general is hard enough!
Overcoming failure takes tenacity and endurance and diligent effort. It’s not for the faint of heart.
You can do it, though. If you dig down deep enough, you can muster up the courage to continue pressing on despite the odds being against you.
The ability to overcome failure is there.
You just have to go looking for it and then embrace it when you find it.
I have gained a greater appreciation for overcoming failure and what it does for the determined heart. I’m constantly being reminded of this simple truth: victory comes only after many, many, many failures.
In fact, my new motto is…
Fail first. Win later.
Those four words keep replaying in the back of my mind. In order to master anything, we must first master our mistakes (the only exception to this rule I can think of involves cleaning my plate of food…I’m pretty sure I came out of the womb doing that, hassle-free).
If you’re staring failure in the face, hopefully these inspirational quotes will give you the boost you need to keep pressing forward without faltering.
35 Quotes About Overcoming Failure
1. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” —Frank Lloyd Wright
2. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” —Michael Jordan
3. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Henry Stanley Haskins
4. “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work.” —George Bernard Shaw
5. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” —Robert Kiyosaki
6. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” —Abraham Lincoln
7. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” —Dale Carnegie
8. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” —William E. Channing
9. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” —Malcolm Forbes
10. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” —Charles R. Swindoll’
11. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than the ones you did do” —Mark Twain
12. “One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.” —Henry Ford
13. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” —Napoleon Hill
14. “Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.” —Ted Williams
15. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We must do that which we think we cannot.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” —J.K. Rowling
17. “Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” —Julie Andrews
18. “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” —Eloise Ristad
19. “No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more you fail and recover and improve, the better you are as a person. Ever meet someone who’s always had everything work out for them with zero struggle? They usually have the depth of a puddle. Or they don’t exist.” —Chris Hardwick
20. “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill
21. “Failure happens all the time. It happens every day in practice. What makes you better is how you react to it.” —Mia Hamm
22. “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.” —Booker T. Washington
23. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater or equal benefit.” —Napoleon Hill
24. “Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.” —Morihei Ueshiba
25. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Success builds character, failure reveals it.” —Dave Checkett
27. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” —Confucius
28. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” —Tim Ferriss
29. “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again.” —K. T. Witten
30. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” —Johnny Cash
31. “You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.” —Charles C. Noble
32. “If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities.” —Dale Carnegie
33. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” —Elbert Hubbard
34. “People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most insignificant success is achieved.” —Anne Sullivan
35. “No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.” —Napoleon Hill
You can do this.
We both can.
We just have to be patient and stay determined and stick to the course.
Fail first. Win later.
STAY CONNECTED! Sign up for my weekly newsletter here.